This is my first attempt at linocut (apart from an initial mark-making exercise), and I had a lot of fun with it. I used this doodle of a leaping hare from a few years ago as I thought it would be a good idea to start with something simple and also to practice with an image I was familiar with.
I’m definitely having some issues with getting an even finish – so far most of the prints I have done (more to come) all suffer from patchiness and, especially when scanned into the computer, look like bad photocopies (see above!). This is all new to me so I’m not too worried about this right now – although if anyone has any tips they would be very welcome! Otherwise, all it needs is time and experimentation to find out what works best – I’m just happy I’ve found a new arty outlet to play around with!
If I manage to get a better print of the hare then I will post it up, but in the meantime this sketchy fellow will have to do ;)
EDIT: Here is a smoother print –
The new gallery for my linocut work can be seen here: https://thegoozeberryjar.wordpress.com/photography/linocut/